While Las Vegas may have been surpassed by Macau as far as total gambling dollars taken in each year it remains the undisputed king of the poker world, with many of the top poker rooms in the entire world found in Sin City.
Many top poker pros call Vegas home or maintain a home there, with big cash games running year-round and the World Series of Poker (a festival of nearly 60 poker tournaments) drawing tens of thousands of additional poker players and fans each and every summer.
You'll have plenty of Las Vegas poker rooms to choose from if you make the trek to Las Vegas youself but visiting one of the top poker rooms below means you'll be guaranteed to get off to the right foot.
- The Venetian: The Venetian is one of the few Vegas poker rooms to make a name for itself with tournament players and cash game specialists alike, running the popular Deep Stack series of tournaments periodically throughout the year and one of the busier rooms in town when it comes to low and midstakes cash games.
- The Bellagio: The Bellagio has lost a little of its poker luster with the emergence of Aria's poker room as a high stakes haven but it's still one of the busier rooms in town, especially at midstakes and up as far as high rollers looking to take on some of the world's top poker players with plenty of cash at stake.
- Aria: Aria is the newest entry in the Vegas poker scene and currently home to some of the biggest cash games in town, vying with The Bellagio for the right to call itself "the" poker room in town for high stakes action.
- The Wynn: The Wynn hasn't quite managed to duplicate The Bellagio's success when it comes to poker but it still has plenty of action running any time of the day or night, including a variety of daily tournament as well as cash games to choose from.
- Caesars Palace: Caesars has slipped a bit on the poker popularity front (with many players shifting their play over to the Venetian) but it's still one of the larger and busier poker rooms in town, with a large dedicated tournament room adjacent to the cash game area that runs a wide range of daily tournaments.