American Express, also known as AMEX, is one of the most popular payment options for online casinos. The company has a big reputation as one of the world’s most trusted payment providers and has been around since 1850. Although American Express began as an express mail company, it has been providing financial services since 1857. In fact, American Express accounts for approximately a quarter of all card transactions in the United States. You can look at the best American Express online casinos below for more details.
Below you’ll find a list of top AMEX Casinos that use this card for withdrawals and deposits.
A Brief History of AMEX
The first financial service offered by American Express was a money order, which started to compete with the money order service offered by the US Post Office. Money orders were one of the most widely used ways to send payment at the time, sending a certificate through the post to detail how much that person was owed in cash.
Later on, AMEX would increase the number of financial services they offered when they created the concept of the American Express Travelers Cheque in 1891. This allowed people to use credit to make purchases without needing to carry around large sums of money.
Today, American Express is best known for offering the AMEX credit card, which is accepted by a wide number of businesses all over the world. Included in those businesses are USA online casinos, which allow users to make deposits and withdrawals using their cards. An AMEX casino is any online casino that accepts payments made using American Express.
Why use American Express at Online Casinos?
- American Express has an excellent reputation for safety and is well trusted.
- Online casino players in the US can safely use AMEX to make deposits and withdrawals.
- American Express casinos have fast deposit times.
How to Make an AMEX Deposit
The entire process of making a deposit using AMEX is really straightforward, you can set up a deposit and have funds in your account within a few minutes. You can even deposit to a mobile casino via your phone and be assured of the highest level of security guaranteed by the leading operators. Just follow these steps to deposit using an online casino AMEX:
- Log into your casino account and go to the cashier page.
- Choose the American Express payment option from the list provided.
- Take out your card and enter the details including the full card number and expiration date.
- Choose how much you’d like to deposit, making sure it’s over the minimum amount required.
- Confirm your deposit and you can then use your funds to play any of the online casino games on the site.
How to Withdraw Funds to AMEX
Withdrawals using American Express are also very simple and are generally completed quickly without any issues. This is one of the reasons to play at an American Express casino. If you’re playing at an online casino American Express site, you’ll want to follow these steps to withdraw funds from your account:
- Log into your casino account and go to the casino cashier page.
- Choose the withdrawal option and pick American Express from the list of supported withdrawal methods.
- Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw, making sure it’s over the minimum amount.
- Make sure your account details are correct, and then confirm your withdrawal.
- You’ll need to wait for your withdrawal to be approved by the casino and will also have to wait a few more working days for the funds to show in your account.
American Express is different from a lot of other payment options in that it has a unique reward system. This scheme offers some amazing incentives, providing points for every dollar spent. These points can then be exchanged for rewards such as mobile devices and other electronics, fashion and accessories, food and wine, experiences, sports, travel, and more.
While the membership awards were a great incentive for many AMAX users, according to their 2022 Loyalty Membership catalog, AMAX members, unfortunately, won’t collect points if they use their American Express debit card in casinos, be it online or land-based.
Blacklisted AMEX Casinos
Though the American Express card is one of the safest payment methods you can use for online gambling, there have been reports of online casinos that have misused the payment method. Here’s a list of the casinos that you can use your AMEX Card at, but the users have had issues with the operator itself.
- Cool Cat Casino
- Planet 7 Casino
- GrandPriv Casino
- SlotsNBets Casino
- Royal Oak Casino
- Red Lion Casino
When it comes to providing support to their customers, American Express truly puts the consumer first. As a customer, you can get in touch with customer support via telephone or email. There’s also a comprehensive FAQ page on their website. Help is provided in numerous languages 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, because the cards are supplied by third-party providers such as banks, you should contact your financial provider first if you have a problem. If you’re using an AMEX casino online, you can also get in touch with the online casino support.
Choosing the Best AMEX Casino
If you want to have the best possible time playing casino games online, you should make sure to choose only the top online casinos. Before you start playing, we recommend thoroughly analyzing the site you chose to determine if it meets your expectations. Each one of our quality reviews is based on the following criteria:
- Safety and Security – When playing at a real money online casino, the security of the site you choose is critical. Online casinos should be secure, with encryption to protect your payment and personal information. Furthermore, the site should be safe to use, with games that have been licensed and certified by a third-party authority or gambling commission.
- Reputation – A site’s reputation is also essential to evaluate, as the way a casino handles its customers is crucial. When we review an online casino, we pay close attention to how the players are treated and what other people have to say about the casino.
- Banking and Payments – Banking should be quick, secure, and straightforward, with a variety of payment options well supported. We look at the casino’s payment options and whether or not it takes AMEX payments and withdrawals.
- Customer Service – If a player encounters an issue, customer support is a crucial aspect of any site. We make sure that contacting customer service is simple and that any concerns are immediately remedied.
- User Experience – Online casinos should ideally be enjoyable to use, with a variety of exciting games and attractive bonuses. Additionally, the website should be simple to navigate and use.
The number of online casinos that accept American Express is growing. The service is easy to use and is popular with lots of players, which is why so many more sites are adding it as a valid payment option. A few popular countries that offer AMEX online casinos are the United States, Canada, the UK, and a host of EU countries.
Safety and Security of AMEX Casinos
AMEX is one of the safest online payment methods. Of course, no matter what you’re paying with online, you should always think about not leaving your credit card information out in the open. Thanks to SSL encryption you’ll find on most of the American Express casinos you can rest assured that your banking information is safe.
What separates AMEX cards from the other payment options is that they have their own customer service that works 24/7, no matter your location.
As with other credit cards, deposits into your casino account will be instantaneous, this means you can play your favorite game and take advantage of that great promotion without having to wait a moment. Withdrawals will take around 3 to 5 business days on average, depending on what country you are banking in, so it is a bit slower than other cards, but faster than other banking services such as bank transfers.
Withdrawal and Deposit Fees
While many online payment providers are free, lots also come with fees that you should be aware of. The online casino American Express fees can vary depending on how you use the card and which site you use it for. For this reason, it’s a good idea to check carefully which fees apply before you make a deposit or a withdrawal. Currency conversion fees are one of the main examples to look out for, but some sites may also charge for using a credit card too.
To sum up, the withdrawal and deposit fees will differ based on the operator you play at.Advantages and Disadvantages of Using American Express at Online Casinos
Advantages of Using American Express at Online Casinos
- You can add a supplementary card of somebody you trust onto your card.
- Fast deposit time.
- You can make large deposits.
Disadvantages of Using American Express at Online Casinos
- Not many casinos accept this option for deposits.
- Higher withdrawal fees.
American Express Online Casino FAQ
Is AMEX safe to use at online casinos?
Yes, AMEX is a well-trusted and highly secure credit card. Provided you’re using a safe online casino that’s licensed in your country, you shouldn’t have any issues. Using a credit card is also safer than using a debit card in most cases.
Are there any credit card alternatives I can use?
How can I deposit money if I don’t have AMEX?
If you don’t have AMEX, you can usually choose from a wide range of other payment types. Most online casinos accept lots of different payment providers, including debit cards and eWallets such as PayPal, as well as other credit cards.
Am I guaranteed to get AMEX reward points if I deposit money?
AMEX loyalty reward system differs based on the card you have. Some AMEX credit cards will have the ability to garner reward points if used in an online casino, while others will not. It’s best to check with your banker.
Play Securely at the Best American Express Online Casinos
Amex cards are the most trustworthy cards in the business. Even though the selection of casinos you can use this card at is extremely limited, you can still play all your favorite online casino games. We have done the work for you and have put together a list of all the top online casinos where you can use your Amex – be it for withdrawals, deposits, or both. It’s particularly worthwhile for high-rollers to play at an American Express online casino due to the large deposits allowed by American Express which are not matched by any other card.