No Download Casino 2020 Guide - Browser Casinos
No Download casinos are casino applications you can use without actually downloading any software to your computer. The major difference from full download casino software is the no download casino version is usually a Flash or Java application - meaning you can play it on virtually any internet browser. If you’re interested in getting started right away, check our toplist below for our picks of the best no download casinos available online.
To get the complete range of games and software functionality offered by most casinos online, you usually need to download the full software onto your own personal computer. With the full software download, you can be sure you get the best package that each casino has to offer – all the bells and whistles in the lobby, all the live dealer games, all of the top-end graphics, etc. For some online casino users, however, downloading the full software package isn’t necessarily the best option. If you have an older computer, the processing power needed to run the full software may be too much and it might actually slow your computer down. Each game is normally between 1MB and 30MB of space, so if you have already filled up your hard drive, this might not be something you are willing to do. This is where no download casinos are a real blessing in disguise, as you can play games without having to install online casino software on your computer. You will still need support software Adobe Flash, Java, or HTML 5, but most players normally have one of these on their computer already.
Some casino software platforms are only designed and built to run on PCs, so if you use a Mac or Linux-based computer it isn’t even an option to download the full software as it’s not compatible. As a result of these compatibility issues more and more online casinos are coming out with a downloadable package for Mac users these days, but it’s still by no means universal. The best option for casino players in those cases is often the no download casino software – meaning software you can run and play on your computer without downloading to your own PC first. Players looking to use an online casino on their mobile phones will also usually use the casino’s no-download option designed specifically for smartphones.
In other words, no download casinos have been specially designed so they can be played on ALL computer systems - including Mac- and Linux-based operating systems. You can log in to them from anywhere in the world, you never have to “install” or “uninstall” the software from your computer and, more and more frequently, you can even play your favorite casino games on your mobile phone.
Privacy When Playing a No Download Casino Game
There are many players who don’t want to install casino software onto their computers for a host of different reasons, such as using a shared computer where others may be able to easily log in to your casino account as the download casino software saves login details such as username and password, or a player may simply want to keep their playing habits a secret from others - having software downloaded on your computer is not exactly a very discrete option. When you play a no download casino game you are ensured complete privacy as there is no trace on your computer of the casino game as the game is loaded directly in your internet browser ensuring complete privacy. Just remember to clear your browser history if you are very concerned about erasing your game history.
The no download casino games are protected by the casino you are playing at so your confidential information will always be protected. However, you should always take extra precaution when you are playing on a shared computer or on a public computer such as in an internet café or a library. Never select to have your username and password saved by the casino, clear the browser history when you are done playing, and most importantly remember to log out of your account when you are done playing.
Graphics & Sound Quality
When you play a no download casino game you no longer have to compromise on sound and graphic quality. Naturally, the range is not quite as extensive as the download casino software, however over the past years the no download casino software has been developed significantly, so you are able to enjoy a top quality online gaming experience without having to install any software.
No Download Casino Game Variety
As you won’t have access to the full casino software your game choice will not be as extensive when you are playing the no-download versions, but you will have options available for all the popular games, from Slots, Online Craps, Baccarat, Pai-Gow, Keno, to Roulette and Blackjack, the only difference is that the download casino software will have more options for each individual game, but you will still have plenty of games to choose from playing no download casino games. For example if you enjoy playing slots, you will many slots games to choose from when playing a no-download casino game, but if you download the full software then you may have some more slot games available.
The advantages of using a no download or “Flash” casino are pretty obvious. Below we have listed all the pros of playing a flash game:
- All you need is a standard Web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome to load up and play your favorite online casino games anywhere in the world.
- Open up the Web on any type of computer, you can use a PC, Mac or Linux computer, log in and you’ll be playing within minutes.
- Your account is in no way tied to your own home computer, yet all transactions are safely encrypted and fully available.
- If you have an extremely fast internet connection, you might even notice gameplay is faster than on your computer at home.
- For Mac fans, this has been the standard procedure for years as few casino sites have offered a fully downloadable client for Mac users. That’s definitely changing, but for now, Mac users still need to rely on the no-download option more often than not. Still, many Mac users swear by the performance of the Flash casino anyway.
- You don’t need to download and install more software on your computer, saving up valuable space on your hard drive. This also keeps your game playing extremely private as there will be no traces on your computer.
- All flash software is available for free online, and in most cases, one, if not more, will already be installed on your computer.
- You also don’t have to download and install all of the software updates, which happen quite frequently. Not having to download anything basically means you can bounce around from Flash casino to Flash casino as much as you like, depending on what game you feel like playing and what graphics you prefer that day.
- It's the perfect option if you're traveling or using someone else’s computer as you can play directly in a browser.
Disadvantages of No Download Casinos
In the past, it was very easy to pick out the major downside to no download casinos – variety and quality. As the no download software has been developed there are more advantages than disadvantages, although there are some differences to keep in mind:
- The no-download casino option usually offers only a limited selection compared to the standard range of games offered by the full casino software (typically 60-100 games out of maybe 200-300). This makes a big difference to some players.
- There may be less variety of games on offer - while all the major games are there you might not have as many different varieties of slots or video poker for example. This is getting much better however as more and more online casinos are offering a fuller range of games in their no download software.
- If you have a slow internet connection, loading the Flash games may also be slow as well.
- Your browser may crash which will stop the game as it is played within your internet browser.
- The line between the full download software and the instant play software is definitely much, much smaller than it used to be and getting smaller all the time.
No download casinos cannot function without Adobe Flash Player, Java, or the newer HTML 5 software. These are essential components of the online gaming experience, supporting the graphics, animation, and sound being developed for no download casino games. They are all available for free online, but there are crucial differences between them.
Adobe Flash Player Online Casinos
Adobe Flash Player is the most important of all of the software application plugins for no download casinos. In fact, no download casinos are frequently called ‘flash’ games as a result of the use of the Flash Player. It is a free downloadable software supported by Adobe Systems, who also developed the much-used and familiar programs Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, and document management programs such as Acrobat. Adobe inherited the Flash Player in 2005, and has been developing and updating the plugin since.
This plugin helps gamers play their favorite games with optimal graphics and sounds, and for free as well. Adobe flash player has multiple features which helps the no download game closely match the level of the download casino games. Adobe Flash Player has been built for 3D and 2D games, making your games look almost cinematic. Games played using the flash player are able to be played in full-screen mode on all major browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome, and also on operating systems Mac, Windows and Linux, making this a good option for players who are facing restrictions due to their operating system. You also have full keyboard support and mouse control to help you play your favorite game. The colors you see are reproduced expertly by the flash player developers so the visual quality of the games you play with the flash player are very high. One of the best features on offer is the high-resolution bitmap support, caching and decoding, which gives you an exceptional animation experience when you play online casino games.
Most online casino game developers work closely with Adobe Flash Player, and all its features, for their games to function in the best way for the casino game player and for all video, audio, animation, and effects to be as attractive and smooth to operate as possible. The games will only work if you have the flash player installed. If it’s not already installed on your computer you can go directly to the Adobe website, look up the flash player, and install it instantly for free. If you already have it installed make sure you have the most up-to-date version in order to benefit from all that the flash player offers to enhance your online casino experience.
- Normally downloaded automatically with each browser update;
- Free to download and update;
- All top online gaming developers use it;
- High-resolution bitmap support;
- Full keyboard support and mouse control;
- Cinematic 3D and 2D visuals;
- Available on Windows, Mac, and Linu;
- Games can be played in full screen mode;
- Supports high quality audio, graphics, and animations;
- The most common no download casino platform.
- Browser crashes whilst using the flash player are common, so keep in mind this may happen as you are playing an online casino game.
- You will have to keep updating the flash player to maintain compatibility with your constantly-changing internet browser version
- There is a possibility Adobe may no longer support Flash Player in a few years.
- The Adobe Flash Player is not available on iOS mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
Java Online Casinos
- The Java code can be read by any computer – Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- Works on Java mobile devices
- Popular amongst developers with over nine million developers currently using it.
- Available for free online
- Easy and quick to test your computer or device for Java
- All your favorite online casino games are developed for the Java plugin
- Not readily available on computers like the Adobe Flash Player
- It’s not normally updated with internet browser updates
- You will need to download the software or updates
- You need to download the entire Java virtual machine
- Oracle may stop supporting Java within a few years
- Slower gameplay than Adobe Flash Player or HTML5
HTML 5 Online Casinos
A new software to play no download casino games has been recently developed and is taking the online casino world by storm. It’s a mark-up language by the Worldwide Webb Consortium and has been increasingly used since 2014. HTML 5 was being developed for technologies which weren’t even available to customers yet, and has taken time to develop as a result of the constant changes in the industry. HTML 5 doesn’t require plugins like Flash or Java, and it can load easily on all computer operating systems, as well as all mobile devices directly within the browser making it a popular option for online casinos that are developing their own Mobile casino. It can work on Windows, Mac, Linux, within all internet browsers, and also on all mobile devices, making HTML 5 the new front-runner in no download online casino game software, and turning the more currently used Flash Player or Java seem rather antiquated. HTML 5 is also far more superior for developers who are developing online casino games as it has higher quality images, graphics, audio and animations – HTML 5 no download casino games are really an experience to be had.
- More advanced graphics, video and audio;
- Faster streaming times, making live casino games better to play;
- Doesn’t require a plugin like the Flash Player or Java;
- Can load on all smartphones and tablets without the need of a separate app as games can load in the browser;
- Available on all computer operating systems;
- Developers can create games that work across all platforms instead of separate ones for desktop and mobile;
- Forecasted to take over Adobe Flash and Java as more players move to mobile devices;
- Provides a rich, fast, cinematic gaming experience.
- As it’s quite a new software, it is not yet used by all online casinos, meaning there is currently a significantly lower number of games available in HTML 5;
- There are different HTML 5 programs being developed and there is still uncertainty as to which one will be the predominant one.
If you own a smartphone, you’ll be happy to hear a lot of major online casinos are really pushing their brands forward through their mobile options and offering more and better no download casinos all the time. The advent of 3G technology has gone a long way towards this, allowing for much more sophisticated software applications and advanced security for online transactions. Unfortunately, for lovers of the iPhone and iPod, because Apple won’t support Flash applications for gambling you won’t be able to play real-money games via your Mac products at most online casinos. As HTML5 games on the rise, look out for these as they are compatible across all mobile devices. For the best mobile casino options, check the Mobile Casino page where you'll find the best Android Casino or iPhone Casino to play at.
Picking the best no download casino is simple. Find the one that offers the most games you like and offers the software most similar to the full download software. Some will have a few more features than others, and a few more games, but on the whole it should be fairly comparable from one no download casino to another. We’ve done most of the legwork on those details for you in the toplist above. Some casinos even offer exclusive bonuses for players who use the no download version, so it’s worth your while to be on the lookout for those as well. Online casinos that have been in business for a long time all offer very comparable versions of their full software in no-download form.