Roulette’s hypnotic wheel has long served to entice many gamblers the world over into walking through a brick-and-mortar casino’s doors. Yet, its introduction to the online realm has caused many gamblers to play the casino classic online instead. In fact, the majority of the online casinos you’ll find on the web have even gone a step further and included Live Roulette to their portfolio of games. Interested in playing? Read through our full guide, choose a casino from our list and start betting today!
If you’ve entered the words ‘Live Roulette’ into the search field, you’ve most probably played one or many of the 2D or 3D online Roulette games that are scattered all over the web. Yet, we imagine that you’re looking for a more interactive version of the black and red casino classic to provide you with hours of fun if you’ve landed on this page. Perhaps a game that will make you a little less fickle when you’ve plonked yourself on the sofa, set your laptop up and deposited your bankroll. Well, if this is indeed the case, we highly recommend Live Roulette.
Over the years, Roulette has become a staple at casinos in gambling meccas all over the globe, often being surrounded by avid casino fans waiting to join in on the fun. Needless to say, its popularity at brick-and-mortar casinos eventually sparked a fuse and the game was adapted and introduced to the online realm as soon as online casinos finally became a reality in the mid-90s. A few years later, when live streaming was profoundly improved casinos attempted to mirror the roulette experience you’d typically get at land based casinos in the likes of Sin city. Thereupon, Live Roulette with its non-virtual dealer was born.
Live Roulette delivers all that you’d expect from a roulette game. In comparison to a regular game of Roulette online, this variant exposes you to the special wow factor that you won’t come across when playing any other version of roulette online. Indeed, live dealers make the game feel far more genuine than a regular casino online game. Moreover, the fact that you’re not playing against a preprogrammed game but players instead also aids in providing a rich casino experience.
The game of roulette has earned a special place in the hearts of many bettors across the world. Yet, many Roulette aficionados often find themselves discouraged from playing the game at a land-based casino due to the high cost of travelling and paying for accommodation which ultimately causes them to have to sacrifice a large portion of their bankroll. Yet, nowadays the money in your wallet needn’t disappear at the mere whim of playing roulette.
Live Dealer Roulette is synonymous to the Roulette experience you’d typically get at a brick and mortar casino. On choosing your game of choice the game will load and you’ll be transported into the world of Roulette.
Your game will be streamed in real-time using state-of-the-art technology and you’ll be able to place your inside and outside bets on a table which replicates the one you’d typically find at land-based casinos. Moreover, you’ll also be able to see the dealer spin the wheel, hear him/her state the outcome and announce which player has won. You can also interact with other players and your dealer while you play the game from the comfort of your own sofa. What’s not to like?!
There are undoubtedly many different variations of Live Roulette which can be found on the internet. Fundamentally, there are a number of factors you should consider when choosing which version of Live Roulette to play. These of course include the type of software, variant of the game and the bet size.
Many online casino software companies have hopped aboard the live casino train. Amongst the lot are software giants Playtech, Microgaming and Net Entertainment. However, you’ll find many other software companies who’ve developed these kinds of games.
Whether you’re more of an all American Roulette fan or you prefer the original European variant of the game is up to you. Nevertheless, on making your decision as to which one you should select, you should take the house edge into account. Remember American Roulette has an extra compartment marked as ‘00’ which increases the house edge.
Roulette is a game which is entirely based on luck. Learning how to play it is quite easy and is mostly a matter of learning how to place bets and waiting until certain numbers are hit. If you’ve never played Live Roulette before, let us break down the rules for you. Take a look below and learn how to you can become a roulette rockstar by following our simple steps!
1/ Place your bets.
Before the dealer spins the roulette wheel, you’ll have to place your bets. Doing this is a matter of placing chips on the grid by using your mouse.
Roulette is all about predicting which numbers will be hit once the roulette wheel has been spun. All you have to do is place your bets on the numbers you wish to place a wager on.
• A straight bet can also be made by placing your chip on one single number. This can be done by placing your casino chip on any of the numbers. If you’re playing European Roulette, you’ll be able to place bets on 0-36. However, if you attempt to play its American counterpart, you’ll have a ‘00’ compartment too. Typically, 18 numbers on the roulette wheel as well as the table’s grid where you place your bets will be red and the other half will be black. The ‘0’ and ‘00’, which is only found in American Roulette, are green.
• The table’s grid will also be marked with the words ‘Even’, ‘Odd’, ‘Red’, ‘Black’, which will allow you to make bets on even numbers, odd numbers, all the red numbers and all the black numbers respectively. Furthermore, you can also choose to place your bet on the lower half of the numbers marked ‘1-18’ or the higher half ’19-36’.
• If you place your bets on the ‘1st 12’, you’ll be betting on the first 12 numbers from 1 through 12.
• Provided that you place your chip on the ‘2nd 12’, you’ll be betting on the 2nd 12 numbers i.e. from 13-19.
• Assuming that you place your chip on the ‘3rd 12’ compartment on your table, you’ll be betting on the last 12 numbers i.e. 25-36.
• In American Roulette you’ll be able to place a sucker bet, if desired. This will involve placing bets on the compartments marked 00, 0 ,1, 2 and 3.
• Placing your chip on one of the three ‘2 to 1’ compartments on the right side of the board will mean that you’re betting on that individual row.
• If you place your casino chip on the center of the lines boarding four numbers, you’ll be betting on those four numbers.
• You can also place bets on two numbers by putting your chip on the line in the middle of the two numbers.
2/ Wait for the Live Dealer to spin the wheel.
Once you’re done placing your bets, you can go ahead and wait for the dealer to spin the wheel. When the ball stops, your dealer will then tell you the outcome. If you’ve won, the cash is yours to keep. Yet, if you lose, your casino chips will go to the house.
3/ Rebet or select a new set of numbers for the next round.
The table will then be cleared of any bets made in the previous round and you’ll be able to ‘rebet’ or select a new set of numbers to wager your money on.
There will always be an edge no matter which Live Roulette game you choose to play. Generally speaking, this can range from 2.70% to approximately 5%. Essentially, the ‘0’ and ‘00’ (American Roulette) are what represent the house edge in the game.
When playing Roulette, you can place inside bets and outs bets. Generally speaking, when you place bets on the inside the odds pay higher. Take a look at the odds for inside and outside bets below:
Roulette Inside bets:
Straight up: one number – pays 35 to 1
Split betting: two numbers pays – 17 to 1
Street: three numbers pays – 11 to 1
Corner betting: four numbers pays – 8 to 1
Roulette Outside bets:
These bets do not involve specific numbers and are made on the outside of the number grid:
Colour betting (red or black) pays 1 to 1.
Even or odd betting pays 1 to 1.
Column or betting on 12 numbers pays 2 to 1
Dozen betting (1st 12, etc.) pays 2 to 1
High or low bets pay 1 to 1.
Live Roulette is definitely the perfect fit for aficionados who find themselves often reminiscing on the marvelous time they once had playing the black and red wheeled game at a land-based casino. The casino game features loads of premium action and allows you to socialize with other people right from the comfort of your own home. So, what could possibly be better? Start playing today by clicking on one of the online casinos in our list!