Besides Bitcoin, the cryptocurrency Ethereum has also been making waves these past few months. As a result, many online casinos have also started to adopt Ether as an online casino payment option in order to make gambling online easier for Ether users. If you’re looking for Ethereum Casinos to play at, have a look at our guide and list of Casinos below!
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is an innovative open-source computing platform which has hit the ground running in recent years. It was designed in 2013 by Vitalik Buterin with the intention of creating something cutting-edge. On top of that it aimed at building on the groundbreaking creation of blockchain technology and decentralization. The platform, officially went live in July 2015 with 11.9 million coins. It provides a decentralized Turing-complete virtual machine known as the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). It serves to render scripts using an international network of public nodes.
Other than being used for computing, Ethereum also produces a cryptocurrency called ‘Ether’. Ether is the second most popular and valuable cryptocurrency in the world. This can be transferred between two accounts and can also be used to pay participant nodes for any computations performed by way of a smart contract.
Although it’s possible to buy and sell Ether like Bitcoin, Ethereum is evidently so much more than a currency. Yes, just like Bitcoin, Ethereum uses a decentralized system (known as blockchain). The system keeps track of transactions and where each unit of the cryptocurrency is stored. However, Ethereum takes this idea one step further by tracking and executing computer programs.
Ethereum Gambling – Ethereum’s link to the Online Casino Realm
Thanks to the rapid changes in technology over the last few years, humanity has taken a quantum leap in the right direction when it comes to alternative currencies. And fairly recently, a number of online casinos have started offering the cryptocurrency. Casinos on the web offer cryptocurrencies in an attempt to offer a new alternative payment option. Despite the fact that the amount of online casinos offering Ether (ETH) at online casinos is merely just a handful, the list is set to keep growing. Just like Bitcoin Casinos, ones that support Ethereum as a payment option serve to mimic the gambling experience everybody seeks when visiting the likes of Sin City. Below are just a few reasons you should play and visit online casinos.
Why Gamble at Ethereum Casinos?
- Gambling a casino which accepts Ether will enable you to claim an Etheruem online casino bonus;
- Deposits are quick and easy once you find out how to transfer your bankroll;
- Ethereum Casinos have a large selection of online casino games including Slots Online, Roulette, Online Blackjack, Baccarat, Craps, and many more.
How to Use Ethereum to Make Deposits
- Sign up to an Ethereum Casino & find its deposit page in order to place a deposit, you must first sign up at an Ethereum Casino. Once you’ve done this, simply head to their deposit page and select Ethereum as the payment method.
- Make a payment by selecting the amount. Next, specify how much you’d like to transfer to your online casino account.
- Transfer the EtherOnce you’ve decided how much to deposit, you’ll need to send it to the Ethereum address provided by the casino. So make sure it’s entered correctly, then simply just submit the payment.
- Allow the transfer to show up in your account. Once you’ve hit the submit button, all you’ll need to do is wait for the funds to appear in your Ethereum account.
Using Ethereum to Make Withdrawals
- Navigate to the withdrawals page & Select Ethereum as an option. Provided that you’ve managed to win an amount at your Ethereum Casino of choice, you’ll be able to claim your winnings by simply heading to the withdrawal page and choosing Ethereum as a payment option.
- Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw. After, simply enter the amount you’d like to withdraw and submit the amount.
Ethereum Casino Games
Whilst playing at one of the Ethereum Casinos in our list, you’ll be able to play many of the regular online casino games that you would at a normal online casino that doesn’t accept Ether. As per usual, you can expect to find a fully-fledged array of online casino games available at Ether Casinos where online Slots games are bountiful and table games like the casino classic, Blackjack, the wheeled black and red game of chance, Roulette online, the high roller game, Baccarat, or any other table games of your choice such as Caribbean Stud Poker, Pai Gow Poker and more available to play. Many of the online casinos that accept Ether as a form of payment have also adapted their sites for players who enjoy playing games of chance on mobile too! So you won’t have to wait until you get home to play your casino games. You can simply play on your mobile or tablet instead.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Ether at Online Casinos
- Anonymous Transactions.
- Safe to Use.
- Quick Transfer Times.
- Less User-friendly than Bitcoin.
- Ether is not as easy to get your hands on as Bitcoin.
- Not a lot of Casinos accept Ether as Yet.
Ethereum Casinos FAQs
Is Ethereum gambling legal?
Although the legality of Ethereum gambling is quite a grey area, there is currently no legislation that says that Ethereum gambling is illegal. Hence, should you wish to play using Ethereum as your payment method of choice, you’ll be able to do so provided that the online casino accepts payment using Ether.
What are the differences between Ethereum and Bitcoin?
Although both Ethereum and Bitcoin belong to the same cryptocurrency family, there are several differences between the two. For one thing, Bitcoin is older than Ethereum and hence more stable and mature. Secondly, despite the fact that Ether is younger it is profoundly quicker than Bitcoin in regards to transfer time.
Can I claim an Ethereum casino bonus on sign-up?
Yes, you’ll be able to claim an Ethereum casino bonus on sign-up. Generally, most online casinos offer their online gambling clientele what’s known as a welcome casino bonus when registering their details at a site.
Are Ether wallet addresses the same as Bitcoin?
No, Ether wallet addresses aren’t the same as Bitcoin. Hence, when transferring Ether to an Ethereum wallet you should never use the same address.
Are there any alternative cryptocurrencies I can use instead of Ethereum?
Yes, if you can’t use Ether, you can opt to use Bitcoin at online casinos instead. Provided that you’d like to find a Bitcoin Casino, you can choose one through our toplist which you can find easily at the top of this page.
Play at an Ethereum Casino for Real Money
There’s no doubt that innovation in the 21st century has led to profound changes in the world. And this is especially true when we talk about currency. Currency is now no longer flat and one that’s controlled solely by the bank. Instead, it’s now evolved into something digitalized and peer-based. And even though Ethereum was only launched in 2015, the cryptocurrency has become Bitcoin’s main adversary in the online realm. If you’d like to find an online casino that accepts Ether as a payment option, have a look at our Ethereum Casino list above.