Top Ten Poker Players to Never Win the Main Event
Plenty of poker's biggest stars have never managed to win the Main Event, which is the poker world's biggest prize each year.
The $10,000 buy-in Main Event caps the action at the World Series of Poker each year. The winner takes home nearly $10 million in cash but also adds their name to the lists of poker greats that have managed to win the Main Event.
Since it began in the 1970s the Main Event has seen many of the game's greatest players among its champions including Doyle Brunson, Puggy Pearson, Stu Ungar, Phil Hellmuth, and Johnny Chan.
The 2012 Main Event final table resumes in October when the newest winner will be crowned but we thought we'd share our own Top Ten list of some of the top poker players still looking for their first Main Event victory.
1. Phil Ivey: Widely acknowledged as one of the top players ever, Ivey has made the Main Event final table but still is chasing his first victory there.
2. Daniel Negreanu: Negreanu has had success at every form of poker he has played -- including winning WSOP bracelets -- but he's never even made a Main Event final table, much less won it.
3. Erik Seidel: Seidel has consistenty won on poker's biggest stages but he's yet to add his name to Main Event champions.
4. Men Nguyen: He's won seven bracelets at the WSOP and more than $10 million in lifetime tournament earnings but he's still chasing his first Main Event victory.
5. John Juanda: Over $15 million in cashes and the respect of many pros as a very tough opponent are all check marks to Juanda's credit, slightly compensating for the fact that he's never won the Main Event.
6. Allen Cunningham: All Cunningham has ever done is consistently win at the tables but Main Event glory continues to elude him.
7. Gus Hansen: Hansen's fearlessly aggressive style of play has produced other big wins but no Main Event titles.
8. T.J. Cloutier: Cloutier's best days are likely behind the old poker warrior but he came very close twice to winning the Main Event (finishing runner up in 1985 and 2000) and finishing in the top five four different times.
9. Barry Greenstein: Greenstein is still chasing his first Main Event win, which could be a boon for various charities as well due to Greenstein's penchant for donating a portion of his tournament earnings to charity.
10. Erick Lindgren: Lindgren finally got off the hook a few years back when he won his first WSOP bracelet and Player of the Year honors, with now just the Main Event eluding him as far as major WSOP prizes.
Get Your Best Bonus Here
|1.||Planet 7 Casino||
Exclusive $7777 Bonus
Exclusive $6000 Bonus
|3.||Casino Las vegas USA||Play Now|
|4.||Lucky Red Casino||
Exclusive $4200 Bonus
|5.||Betonline Casino||Play Now|
|6.||Box 24 Casino||
Exclusive $3000 Bonus
|7.||Sloto Cash Casino||Play Now|
|8.||Bovada Casino||Play Now|
|9.||Slots Of Vegas||
Exclusive $3000 Bonus
Exclusive $4000 Bonus